Wednesday, October 25, 2023

Rainy Day Sketching

 We have some nice views out our windows. I sketched this the other day and added color yesterday when it was raining out. Staying in for part of the day gave me time to work on this.


I had gone out in the morning to the market and brought home something yummy. There was a nice, colorful plate to use too.


In the afternoon around 4:00 I noticed the rain had stopped. Things were still very wet so my plan was to sketch inside the Basillica di Santa Maria Della Salute. It was built in the 1600s to thank the Blessed Mother for allowing Venice to survive the plague. The center of the Basillica is roped off and there are no pews in the center. Instead services are held in smaller chapels around the perimeter. While I was sketching there was a Mass taking place across the way. I focused on the Altare Dell’ Assunta. The painting, The Assumption of the Virgin Mary over the altar was done by Luca Giordano in 1667.


2 comments:

  1. I've always loved the tile rooftops of Italy! I think the last sketch is missing...?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhh, love tiled roofs. Also a blue rimmed plate and mug!!

    ReplyDelete