Sunday, October 1, 2023

Flo's Luncheonette

 Flo's Luncheonette is a location that the Sketch Club and my plein air group both like to visit. But lately the town of Brookhaven has instituted parking meters along the street and parking fees in the lot...and it isn't inexpensive. The Sketch Club decided that we weren't going there any more and aside from one day that I stopped there with a group for lunch, I haven't been there to sketch. I stopped by recently around lunch time but I guess they aren't getting enough business during the week to make it worth while staying open. I think it is still open on the weekends but I'm sure they will be having their final day soon.

I decided to sketch Flo's even though there weren't any people and the umbrellas weren't open. Since the location was so empty I didn't worry about the parking and just sat next to my car and painted.




4 comments:

  1. Flo's looks like a charming place; it sounds like the city has hastened its possible going out of business by the expensive parking. That is sad.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For the Brookhaven residents who have a pass, parking is free. If you don't live in the town you are out of luck.

      Delete
  2. Sketch when you have an opportunity! This is a neat place to sketch even if the umbrellas weren't open.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a fun place. I've sketched it so many times in the past.

      Delete