Saturday, June 12, 2021

Hospital Sketches

  Wednesday I had a total hip replacement at Mather Hospital in Port Jefferson. The surgery went well and a few hours later they had me up and walking around. Today I had PT where they taught me some exercises ro do. I am sore and achy, but it is tolerable with the medications. I'm sittin here with an ice pack on my hip. I did a few sketches from my room no roommate to sketch. I wish I had my sketching materials with me in recover since there were a lot of people there, but my bag wasn't anywhere near me. I had to wait to sketch until after they put me in a room. It wasn't too exciting but I made the best of it. One sketch is looking out toward the door and include the breathing machine I need to use and some of what was on the lunch tray.

Here is a view looking out of my room toward the hallway.

 c

I couldn't skip sketching me in bed with the IV.





5 comments:

  1. Joanie, happy the surgery went well and you are on your way to a full recovery. Hope we can paint together some day soon. I finish with my radiation treatments in 8 days. Take care my friend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. So glad you are almost finished with your treatments. I am getting around pretty well considering I just had surgery on Wed. Would be great to see you.

      Delete
  2. I was so relieved when I saw you post a sketch on FB after your surgery because I knew that meant you were already on your way to recovery! Take care... I'm sure you'll be better than ever soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Tina. Sketched there but not since I got home....what's up with that?

      Delete
  3. So good to see your recovery sketches. You will be out and about soon and in no pain!! Looking forward to the action.

    ReplyDelete