Sunday, October 11, 2020

Inktober Day 11 - South Bay String Band

 Yesterday the South Bay Art Association held an art event called "Discover the Arts." It was held on the grounds of the Bellport Historical Society and we had 21 vendors of assorted kinds of art. It was nice to be able to finally have an outdoor art event after having everything cancelled for months. Our association always has a 4th of July art event and couldn't have it this year. The property was big enough to have the vendor's tents spread out and social distancing and safety precautions were followed. Everyone entering had to wear masks. In addition to the visual artists the South Bay String Band came to perform. I always bring my sketching materials so I sat down to capture the band at play (pardon the pun).



7 comments:

  1. Wonderful! How nice to have an event. The Art League had their first event the Saturday before we left. It is good to see friends.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it was nice to have something to see. Another group had a show over Labor Day weekend. These two are the first actual shows where you can walk around. It was fun to see the other artists.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thanks, Jo. They were fun to listen to while I sketched.

      Delete
  3. It’s wonderful getting out and seeing our friends again. I still don’t have any workshops that are opened so I paint in my house. However, I still take those rides to get my reference shots.. This is an excellent sketch, Joan....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Hilda. It was nice to see that Bellport let this event happen. They really gave us a hard time about the last show that was cancelled. This worked well.

      Delete
  4. My ex-husband and I had always managed to stay friendly after our divorce in February 2017. But I always wanted to get back together with him, All it took was a visit to this spell casters website last December, because my dream was to start a new year with my husband, and live happily with him.. This spell caster requested a specific love spell for me and my husband, and I accepted it. And this powerful spell caster began to work his magic. And 48 hours after this spell caster worked for me, my husband called me back for us to be together again, and he was remorseful for all his wrong deeds. My spell is working because guess what: My “husband” is back and we are making preparations on how to go to court and withdraw our divorce papers ASAP. This is nothing short of a miracle. Thank you Dr Emu for your powerful spells. Words are not enough. here is his Email: emutemple@gmail.com or call/text him on his WhatsApp +2347012841542    

    ReplyDelete