Friday, November 23, 2018

Bare Bones

Yesterday and today we had a lot of wind. At one point there were so many leaves blowing off the trees that it looked like it was snowing. We are also having a cold spell here in NY. It was 18 degrees this morning and barely reached 30 degrees. That meant my mobile studio was called into play for this sketch up in Yaphank. There is a road that leads to a fishing access to a lake where I pulled over to the side and sketched this bare ridge of trees with a carpet of color.


8 comments:

  1. Cool perspective, Joan... like looking up at the tall trees! I heard about the cold spell you guys are having! Stay warm and safe... hope it warms up soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Tina. It has finally started warming up a bit...should hit 55 tomorrow.

      Delete
  2. Ah Joan your sketch really captures a feel of cold. Love seeing the trees. Wonderful job of sketching the bare limbs. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Many thanks, Debbie. I think winter is finally here. Hope you have a great week.

      Delete
  3. This is lovely Joan. The contrast of colours is great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are tougher than me. You inspire me to get out and about … then I don’t. Ha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL I am afraid if I stay home I might be tempted to clean.

      Delete