Thursday, July 12, 2018

Sayville Firehouse

I have been wanting to sketch a firetruck for a while, but every time I pass by the local firehouses the doors to the bays are closed and you can't see the trucks. When I passed the Sayville firehouse the other day two of the firetrucks were outside because they were repaving in front of the bays, so the trucks were parked in the parking lot. I was painting this from the parking lot of the supermarket across the street so I didn't have a very close view and it was hard to tell what some things were. I figured it was as close as I was going to get for now.


2 comments:

  1. Super little sketch Joan, in spite of the fact that you may be missing a few details (who would know but a fireman - lol). I really like the way you handled the brink on the front building - very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Val. I do intend to go back and do a larger one.

    ReplyDelete