Tuesday, December 19, 2017

City Trip - Part 1

A few friends and I decided not to join the NYC Urban Sketchers at the location they picked last weekend. We headed into the city instead. I did a quick sketch of some people on the Long Island Railroad. For some reason the LIRR is a jerkier trip than the subway and the lines always come out jagged. lol He never noticed I was sketching him and my friend was in the seat in front of me sketching him too.


We got into Penn Station early and our destination was the Metropolitan Museum of Art which doesn't open until 10. We decided to hang out in the LIRR waiting area for a little while. There are always passengers sitting there. I decided to sketch the guy at the information desk from the back, including some of the people on the other side of the desk.


4 comments:

  1. These are charming Joan - so much detail in the second piece - wow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Val, thanks. I left a lot of the detail out. lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Guess we are never aware of what is going on around us.

    ReplyDelete