Tuesday, November 28, 2017

The Orchestra

Recently my friend, Diana, a violinist was performing locally in the Island Symphony Orchestra. Two other friends and I went to the concert in a church nearby. We all brought our sketchbooks. I tried to get a variety of the orchestra members including Diana (2nd violinist from the left). After the concert I showed the sketch to Diana and she showed it to many of the performers. They loved it. It was really funny when some of them recognized themselves in the sketch.


3 comments:

  1. This is superb Joan with so many complicated subjects and instruments. What a wonderful talent you have!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Val, thanks so much for those kind words. Scenes like this are complicated so when it works I am very happy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah, this is wonderful. You have great friends!

    ReplyDelete