Monday, August 29, 2016

Piazza San Marco

I went early to St Mark's Square today and it was a god thing for two reasons. First, they weren't stopping people from feeding the pigeons yet. It is hysterical when the do because the pigeons climb all over the people who feed them. Second, I was able to sit on the steps to paint. The guard came over while I was doing the ink sketch and made everyone get up. Of course as fast as he told people they couldn't sit on the steps, someone a little bit further down would. It is a loosing battle.


Next I sketched a bit directly on ink. I had to get the lady with herbselfie stick.


Later I wandered to find a new afternoon location.


Ciao for now!

6 comments:

  1. Love the sketches. Sounds like you guys are having a fun time. When Fran and I were in London we spent an afternoon counting toes on pigeons. That was after we climbed down from the lions. Lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol, thanks...I can imagine that so easily.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Joan am enjoying your travel sketches. The first one leaves me with the sense of this special place. You certainly captured the people and the pigeons so well. Will be looking forward to seeing more! Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks so much, Debbie. I'm glad you are enjoying it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dear Joan am enjoying your travel sketches. The first one leaves me with the sense of this special place. You certainly captured the people and the pigeons so well. Will be looking forward to seeing more! Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Debbie. I left about half of the pigeons out of the picture. Lol

    ReplyDelete