Sunday, May 15, 2016

Swan River View & Caity's Graduation

On Wednesday evening the Patchogue Sketch Club met at the Swan River Preserve right off Main Street. Everything was turning green, the ducks were out, it was warm (yes, warm)...a great night for sketching.


Today was my niece, Caity's actual graduation from Smith. I did sketch before (and a little during) the ceremony but the sketch isn't finished yet...probably tomorrow. Here are a few photos from today. You can see from her graduation cap, Caity is quite a character. It says "Can I take a nap now?" lol




6 comments:

  1. lovely sketch Joan. Your niece is lovely too! - lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah Joan congratulations to Caity. Love her cap. Made me smile. So glad it had warmed up for your sketching. Swan river looks like a super spot to sit and be peaceful. Have a great week. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you, Val.

    Thanks, Debbie. Caity has a fun sense of humor. Hope your week is great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely sketch, and I love Caity's cap! Best wishes to her!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A very special time. I enjoyed this happy post.

    ReplyDelete
  6. A very special time. I enjoyed this happy post.

    ReplyDelete