Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Snowy Park Scenes

As most of you know we have had days of really cold weather here. With all the snow we had in the last two weeks it looked like a wonderland, so even though it was cold I headed out and sat in my car to paint. That meant finding spots where I could pull over and that was hard because the big snow piles were (and still are) blocking the parking areas along most of the roads. I found that our local park was the best place to sketch. They did somewhat plow the parking lots so people could go walking in the snow (not me) or take their kids sledding. Both of these were sketched from my car (on different days) and I finished just about the time I started feeling cold and would have had to put the heat back on.



6 comments:

  1. Clearly you are dedicated to painting everyday! Beautiful scenes. However I'm looking forward to Spring.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the alternate indoor and outdoor sketches that you have been doing, Joan. These have such a nice "snowy" feel. We didn't really have a true winter this year, but thanks to you I can see the white landscape. I don't envy you for those bitterly cold temperatures, though! Stay warm!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Carol, I'm looking forward to Spring too...or at least warmer weather. The temps on Sunday were a tease and only made things icier and worse. lol

    Thanks, Michele. It seems like the cold and snow are never ending this winter.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Excellent work, Joan....I love all the shadows by the trees .. and the snow is painted beautifully! You always find the perfect places to sketch!! I look forward to Spring weather...I'm beginning to feel like a caged animal..lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are amazing, Joan. I don't know where you find the stamina! I love these winter scenes, especially the second with the dead leaves still hanging on through the cold and snow and ice!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hilda, thanks. Can you believe the winter we are having?

    Thanks so much, Sherry. I just paint what we have. lol

    ReplyDelete