Thursday, November 17, 2011

Queen City Cupcakes Revisited

Last night the Patchogue Sketch Club met again at Queen City Cupcakes at my request. No, I didn't want more samples. lol I wanted to do a sketch of one of the displays they had with bottles of soda.It looked simple, but wasn't easy. Sketching one bottle would have been fine, but there were so many. This is my sketch which is about 7 x 9.

I did buy a cupcake while I was there (pecan pie) and saved it for dessert when I got home. But first it had to pose for a portrait. This is 4 x 6.


3 comments:

  1. Both pieces truly make my mouth water! Lovely work, Joan!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great painting!! Looks yummy....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rose - Thanks. It was gone very quickly! lol

    Sherry - It was yummy. Thank you.

    Hilda - Thanks so much.

    ReplyDelete