Tuesday, January 30, 2024

Trip to Brookfield Place - Part 1

On Saturday I headed into the city to meet the NYC Urban Sketchers. I took the Long Island Railroad and then the subway to get there. The ride on the LIRR was quite shaky so I did a continuous line sketch of one of the few passengers in pencil. The train wasn't very crowded and I tried not to be obvious while I sketched. I don't think he noticed, even though he wasn't absorbed in his phone like most people.


Brookfield Place is in downtown Manhattan near the World Trade Center. I had a bit of a walk and snapped this photo of the Oculus, a transportation hub and office towers that serve over a million people every week. The building reminds me of a winged bird.


I found the group inside Brookfield Place. Some members were sitting downstairs sketching, but I headed upstairs by the food area with my friend, Sonia, We got some coffee, sat at a table by the window with a great view, and chatted while we sketched. The view is the buildings on the other side of the Hudson River.




2 comments:

  1. You do amazing work "on the fly". The man is so comfy looking and the view across the river is, wow!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jo. Your comments always make me smile.:)

      Delete