Sunday, January 28, 2024

Condiments

 The weather outside has been wet and cold which makes sketching outdoors not very pleasant. The other day Jerry had a doctor's appointment in the morning, so by the time we got home and had lunch I wasn't inspired to go out looking for something to sketch. I like sketches of collections of items so I gathered some condiments together trying to vary the heights and shapes of the bottles as well as trying to keep color harmony. I like the way this came out. It was drawn first directly in ink and then the watercolor was added...often many layers to get the colors dark enough.



4 comments:

  1. Absolutely love this. Looks like everything but sugar for BBQ sauce!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the composition and color combos here!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Tina. They were all such colorful bottles.

      Delete