Monday, April 17, 2023

Tulip Party

Jerry bought me a tulip plant for Easter. Things got busy but I managed to sketch them before they started to droop. 


As they started to sag I tried using them for prints on my gelli plate. The flowers fell apart when I pressed them down on the plate. I'm sure it would work better with fresher flowers and maybe different colors. This time it worked better than the first time I tried. I had 6 tulips so I was able to do 3 prints. I like the way the dark image and the colored background came out.

Here are my results starting with what I feel is the best of the three.










5 comments:

  1. The gelli prints are really cool! I'm impressed with how you are always experimenting with different media!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL Thanks! I feel like I never experimenting. I almost always do the same kind of artwork, so I'm pushing myself to do a few different things lately. Sketchbook Revival helped a bit too.

      Delete
  2. I agree, you are always trying new things. I like the second one the best. Fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didn't say, the tulips are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. The problem is all these things take up too much space. Since I don't have a studio I only keep them out for so long and then they get put away.

      Delete