Wednesday, April 5, 2023

Sketchbook Revival - Part II

 I am still working slowly on some of the lessons from this year's Sketchbook Revival. 
Here are a few more pages.

Joanna Sharpe's lesson was called "A Little Every Day, Watercolor Play." She had us use watercolor washes leaving an area to do some lettering. Her lettering is whimsical and uses exaggerated features and embellishments to the painted page. I did one section similar to her piece and using the same phrase she did.


Then I did a second one with a phrase of my own.



Alison Wells had us create a "Mixed Media Gratitude Art Journal Page" where we collaged and stamped and used negative painting. 


Terri Burt's lesson was "Sunshine on a Cloudy Day" and involved sketching quirky houses (mine doesn't look too quirky) in permanent ink, adding color and inking again with water-soluble ink that can be wet to create shadows and shading. It is something I've done before but I enjoyed it.


Tamara Laporte's colorful lesson was to create an "Expressive Portrait of a Fox." We used colorful watercolors and inks to help show the texture in the fox's face and body.

I still have a number of lessons to go.

4 comments: