Tuesday, April 18, 2023

Sketchbook Revival Part IV

 

I'm pretty much done with the lessons I wanted to do in Sketchbook Revival. Emma Freeman had a great lesson using fabric and assorted items to make a "Stitched Wabi Sabi Fabric Scroll." I searched around and found a piece of fabric with a sort of quilted design. Then I added some stitching, some seashells, a piece of birch bark, and some beach glass. I will have to replace the long, thin shell. It fell out and I can't find it. I did the fabric strip shorter than Emma suggested because I wanted to attach it to a page in my Sketchbook Revival sketchbook. 


Roisin Cure did a lesson on "Beach Bodies." I took a workshop with her at the Urban Sketchers Symposium in Porto, Portugal a while ago. She is really good. I watched her lesson but really didn't want to follow her exact photo for the lesson so I passed on doing it. However we had a godsend of a GORGEOUS, 85 degree day recently and I went to the beach. There were so many people there that it looked like summer. I did a sketch similar to her idea, although I didn't add color. It wasn't done in my Sketchbook Revival sketchbook. Instead I used a small sketchbook that I had in my beach bag.


Karen Abend who started Sketchbook Revival hosted the last lesson that I planned to do which was a "Mini Doodle Diary." She had us do mini sketches to go along with 8 prompts she gave. She worked from her imagination to do her sketches, but I worked mostly from life. Several of the sketches I did while sitting in my car in a garden center parking lot. It was drizzling lightly outside at the time. That's where I did the chicken (which was a metal garden sculpture that was about 5 feet tall), the daffodil, the pink tree, and the scene looking out my car window. 



2 comments:

  1. You did some fine sketching and the hanging is fun. Applause!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. Some of the lessons were more fun than others.

      Delete