Saturday, August 22, 2020

Maritime Museum

Wednesday night the Patchogue Sketch Club met at the Long Island Maritime Museum in Sayville. I have to say I have never been inside the museum itself, but have sketched some of the old boats outside and the wonderful views across the marsh to the bay from the docks there. It was good to be able to schedule my night so that I could get out for about 2 hours. Jerry is good that way. As long as I give him dinner before I go it seems to work out. This is the second week in a row that I have gone out to meet up with the sketchers.

Here is the view from the dock looking toward the bay.


Several of the sketchers are participating in Paint the Great South Bay this week. I have participate in the past but with Jerry's condition I knew there was no way that I could find the time to paint en plein air every day so that I would have several paintings to display. Mark, who I sketched below came to sketch on his bicycle. He had all his painting and sketching materials with him, including a stool to sit on. He ended up just sketching with his sketchbook resting on the handlebars of his bike. Of course I started sketching him when I finished the painting above and midway he decided he was leaving. He didn't leave right away but did turn completely around so that I had to sketch the rest of his bicycle from the opposite direction.


5 comments:

  1. I am sure you enjoyed getting out with your sketch group. The sketch looking toward the bay is wonderful - so calm and peaceful. The piece of yout fellow sketcher is super but he sure doesn't look comfortable - lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Val. Having company to chat with while I sketch is nice for a change. I wouldn't be comfortable sketching while resting my sketchbook on my handlebars. I'd be too concerned with keeping the bike upright. lol

      Delete
  2. Love both sketches. Biking is too difficult for me so adding sketching would be a disaster. You did well capturing the gesture.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jo. I can't even balance on a stationary bike so sketching from one wouldn't work for me either. lol

      Delete
  3. My ex-husband and I had always managed to stay friendly after our divorce in February 2017. But I always wanted to get back together with him, All it took was a visit to this spell casters website last December, because my dream was to start a new year with my husband, and live happily with him.. This spell caster requested a specific love spell for me and my husband, and I accepted it. And this powerful spell caster began to work his magic. And 48 hours after this spell caster worked for me, my husband called me back for us to be together again, and he was remorseful for all his wrong deeds. My spell is working because guess what: My “husband” is back and we are making preparations on how to go to court and withdraw our divorce papers ASAP. This is nothing short of a miracle. Thank you Dr Emu for your powerful spells. Words are not enough. here is his Email: emutemple@gmail.com or call/text him on his WhatsApp +2347012841542

    He is also able to cast spell like 1: Lottery 2: Conceive 3: Breakup 4: Divorce 5: Cure for all kinds of diseases and viruses.

    ReplyDelete