Wednesday, July 15, 2020

Bangkok

Today was the last destination for #VirtualSketch. The plan was to give artists a way to create during the pandemic, but now in many areas artists are able to go out sketching in their areas. I know I could do that here, but with taking care of Jerry it is easier to sketch from home. The final destination was Bangkok, Thailand. I found a view of the floating markets. My friend, Ai lives in Bangkok and has sketched these markets many times, so it was fun to think of her while I was sketching this.


8 comments:

  1. A floating market! You've captured that unique experience! Love your sketch, Joan:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Chris, I heard about this a few times...and finally got to sketch it. Thanks.

      Delete
  2. As soon as I saw “where you were” I thought of Ai as well. This is wonderful. I’m smiling thinking of both of you sketchers. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL The three of us should be sitting there together sketching. Wouldn't that be a hoot?

      Delete
  3. this is great Joan -lots of detail and so interesting. It makes me wonder how she gan get to her product at the other end of the boat - lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Val, I hadn't thought of that. I know some of the boats I saw had two people. Maybe that is the reason. Thanks!

      Delete
  4. I love these floating markets...very interesting...and of course, your colors are always amazing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hilda, I like all kinds of markets, but this one was really different. Thanks.

      Delete