Sunday, June 21, 2020

Virtual Vegas

Yesterday the NYC Urban Sketchers did a virtual trip to Las Vegas. We met up on Zoom and then went off to sketch. Jerry and I have been to Vegas a few times, but it has probably been close to 20 years since we were there. I know that the last time we were there we saw Siegfried and Roy's show, so it was before the attack which was in 2002. There are a lot of iconic scenes of Vegas but I knew I wanted to sketch a wedding chapel. Jerry kept telling me that we should renew our vows at one of the chapels with an Elvis impersonator, but I said no. Anyway, the plan was to sketch outside in Vegas in the morning and then do indoor scenes in the afternoon. I wasn't sure how busy my afternoon would be so I did two sketches in the morning...which turned out to be wise since I never got around to doing the afternoon session. It was good to see the other sketchers on Zoom. I missed seeing them the last time. These are not urban sketchs since they were done virtually.



4 comments:

  1. These are great. Love them both but Elvis sings! One of our nieces got married in Vegas many years ago. Our daughter, Joanna, went. She said it was the most fun as her grandmother went, too. Amazing for her to see all the glitz. We haven’t been in 40 years or so. We saw Bobby Goldsboro, Wayne Newton and Bill Cosby among others over the years. Didn’t gamble much.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jo. We did meet an Elvis impersonator on the street when we were in Vegas. I took a photo with him but my photos are so disorganized I knew I would never find it. A friend just told me she got married at the Chapel of the Bells.

      Delete
  2. Great sketches, Joan! What would Vegas be without Elvis?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL I'm not sure Vegas would be the same without him. Thanks!

      Delete