Thursday, June 18, 2020

House and Fountain

Today I was able to get out and sketch for a while and it felt good. Jerry has been taking a nap in the afternoon, so I make sure to set him up with what he might need...including a phone and I have been able to get out for a little while. I debated over going food shopping or painting but the idea of painting won. I headed into Sayville. I've painted this location a few times before because I love that this homeowner has this big fountain in their yard. This was done directly in watercolor so this counts for my Day 18 #30x30DirectWatercolor.


Yesterday I snuck in a quick sketch before an appointment.



11 comments:

  1. Dear Joan you are doing a wonderful job with the direct watercolor challenge. I can see why this place would have you returning - it looks like a charming place to visit. Your other sketch is wonderful also. Hope you are having a great week. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shopping vs. painting - not a hard choice:) Your sketch of the home in Sayville is lovely. Bet it is really pretty at this time of the year. And I love the Harbor Crab sketch. The addition of the yellow umbrellas is perfect.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, both were fun to do. It felt good to be out sketching for a while.

      Delete
  3. Good that you were able to get out and sketch a couple of faves. Nicely done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Mel. I feel like I'm sneaking out. lol

      Delete
  4. This direct WC is the best one so far this year - a wonderful scene and the fountain show so nicely against the green foliage. I always enjoy your scenes with cars as they are something I have trouble with . Nice work Joan.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Val, thanks. I've practiced doing cars a lot and still have a hard time with them.

      Delete
  5. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ahhhh, nice to get out and about. Love both of these. I agree on your cars being outstanding. Hugs to you both.

    ReplyDelete