Saturday, June 27, 2020

Brownstones

Today the NYC Urban Sketchers were doing a collaborative project. I didn't really join them because it required committing to getting something done within a specific amount of time, and I can't guarantee that with Jerry's condition I will be free at the right time. Mornings are busy here. The plan was to work from a reference photo of Brooklyn brownstones. The photo showed 5 brownstones and each person on a 5 person team did one building and then they were "joined" together by the team leader.

I liked the reference photo so I decided to start my own version. I did two of the buildings in direct watercolor (so this part meets the challenge). I will probably continue with the other 3 brownstones and finish the reference photo. If I finish I will post the finished piece tomorrow.


5 comments:

  1. It's great that you find your own way to participate with USkNYC! (Sorry I haven't been commenting much on your blog, Joan... I still read and enjoy every day, but it's such a pain that I can't comment from my tablet on Chrome.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Tina. It is fun to do the Zoom meetings and see everyone. It almost feels like we are together. Sorry the posting doesn't go easy.

      Delete
  2. This is a great way to keep in touch with your group. Lovely. I’m now caught up on comments. Whew. You don’t have to reply. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jo,thank you. Hope you were doing something fun.

      Delete
  3. My ex-husband and I had always managed to stay friendly after our divorce in February 2017. But I always wanted to get back together with him, All it took was a visit to this spell casters website last December, because my dream was to start a new year with my husband, and live happily with him.. This spell caster requested a specific love spell for me and my husband, and I accepted it. And this powerful spell caster began to work his magic. And 48 hours after this spell caster worked for me, my husband called me back for us to be together again, and he was remorseful for all his wrong deeds. My spell is working because guess what: My “husband” is back and we are making preparations on how to go to court and withdraw our divorce papers ASAP. This is nothing short of a miracle. Thank you Dr Emu for your powerful spells. Words are not enough. here is his Email: emutemple@gmail.com or call/text him on his WhatsApp +2347012841542

    He is also able to cast spell like 1: Lottery 2: Conceive 3: Breakup 4: Divorce 5: Cure for all kinds of diseases and viruses.

    ReplyDelete