Sunday, September 8, 2019

Creepy Clown

On Wednesday night the Patchogue Sketch Club met at the Pat/Med Library. We were invited to display our sketches in the library's display case. I will post photos of that down below. Because we had to be at the library to fill the showcase we sketched in the library and the theme was "Dolls and Mannequins." My friend, Mariann brought in this sort of creepy old clown puppet. He was calling to be sketched. lol


Here is a photo of the display case with our sketchbooks as well as the bottom shelf where most of mine were. You can probably guess which ones are mine (the two on the right and the one on the left).




9 comments:

  1. Creepy Clown - not the way you painted it. I like his eyes a LOT!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool that your work is in the library exhibit! And that clown is definitely creepy! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The library has displayed our work several times in the showcase. I agree about the clown.

      Delete
  3. Joan you had me smiling about your creepy clown. Wasn't there a horror movie from years ago that featured a clown/mannequin called "Magic" - think Anthony Hopkins was the star. Loved your sketch display at the library. You so deserve a special place to showcase your wonderful art. Have a happy day! Hugs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Debbie. I don't watch scary movies so what I now about them comes form the trailers I see for the movies.

      Delete
  4. A nice display Joan. I agree that the puppet is a bit creepy but you did a nice job painting it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Val. He looked like he needed someone to take care of him. lol

      Delete
  5. I go with creepy. I’m not a clown fan. Good job on the sketch.

    ReplyDelete