Sunday, September 1, 2019

Paint the Great South Bay - Part 8 - Boat Yard View & Reception

Somehow I missed posting this painting in order with the other paintings from "Paint the Great South Bay." This was painted across from Weeks Boat Yard in Patchogue, which if you follow my posts is a place I sketch and paint at often. "Boat Yard View" SOLD at the show...yay!!



Last Sunday we had the reception for "Paint the Great South Bay." Then the show was at the gallery until today. In the past the show only hung for one day. Having it hang for the whole week gave more people a chance to see it. Counting my painting there were 7 paintings that sold during the exhibition.

Here are a few photos from the reception.

Me with my two paintings. The top one sold.

Rosi Berry and her work.



Regina Halliday and her paintings.

June Long-Schulman and her work.

Pauline Hazard and her paintings.


Debbie Taylor Meekins and her artwork.
    



7 comments:

  1. looks like a wonderful reception Joan. I love the rich green in this one . a very striking painting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Julie. I appreciate your comments.

      Delete
  2. Congratulations on the sale - it is s super painting. I had to chuckle at the masts as they all looked way to big for the boats they were on in both the painting and the photo. It looks like a good turn out for the show.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. LOL In my head masts seem like they are shorter, but when you sit in front of them they are so much taller.

      Delete
  3. Always nice to see your painting news and the sale. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for all the support, Mel. I appreciate it.

      Delete
  4. Fantastic painting. You are fast and accurate. Congrats on the sale. The show is lovely, thanks for sharing the photos and work of the other artists.

    ReplyDelete