Thursday, September 13, 2018

Lunch, Anyone?

While I was at the festival in Patchogue the other day there were booths selling lots of foods. I liked the colorful look to the sausage & pepper truck, although that is something that would never tempt me. I worked on this until I heard that the zeppole eating contest would be starting shortly. I had friends that were taking part in that so I didn't want to miss it. For anyone unfamiliar with zeppoles they are fried dough, sort of like a doughnut but shaped more like an oddly shaped ball, then they are dusted with powdered sugar. They are delicious but turn to lead in your stomach. lol


11 comments:

  1. Looks like fun -- and colorful! I wonder if zeppoles are a local thing... I'd never heard of it! But now I want one!

    - Tina

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know they have them in Italy, often filled with something.

      Delete
  2. It smells delicious and how did yiu stop at only one. Such will power

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super sketch. Food is always a big attraction. At the Texas State Fair they deep fry everything including Coca Cola, Twinkies and bacon. I have not tried those. We fry sopapillas which is sort of a tortilla, deep fried and it puffs like a pillow. Hollow inside. Stuff with meat, beans and cheese like a taco or eat with honey or dust with powdered sugar.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you could fry anything and it would taste good. lol

      Delete
  4. JOan - great sketch and possibly instead of lead a few extra pounds on the hips :)! Hugs - Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lot to get in a sketch! Great job Joan

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Joan! Zeppoles are SO good!!!! I eat them About once a year at Italian festivals... Yes, you can't eat too many because it's heavy.... My belly can't take it...lol. This watercolor is wonderful... Beautiful subject and love the colors.... You can almost smell the food ....

    ReplyDelete