Saturday, September 15, 2018

Fountain in the Mist



After painting the fountain I posted yesterday I must have had fountains on my mind. The Patchogue Sketch Club was meeting at Post Morrow in Brookhaven on Wednesday evening. There is a fountain there too, although I've never seen any water in it. I debated about not going because as I pulled out of my garage it was already starting to sprinkle. Our weather had been iffy for days with showers popping up quite often. I ended up driving to the location only to find that it was misting there too.  I started to paint directly in watercolor figuring that if I worked quickly I might be able to complete something before the weather was too bad. I went back to my car and got my painting umbrella which helped keep part of me dry but wasn't doing anything for my paper. I stayed for about 40 minutes and I did as much as I could before it got worse. I took the sketch to the car before I packed up and when I got home I notices there were all tiny water marks on the painting from the mist. I could have worked on it more but I like the effect.

6 comments:

  1. Great job making use of the rain! We do that a lot here in Seattle, too! ;-)

    - Tina

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL You have to be creative to avoid it in some places.

      Delete
  2. It does have the granulating effect on your sketch...something to keep in mind for future work. Nice!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. Don't know if I can call for that effect at will. lol

      Delete
  3. one of the downsides of painting outside but a nice sketch in tough conditions.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Val, thanks. Usually I am someplace that I can find shelter.

      Delete