Saturday, July 14, 2018

Pool Day

Things have been a bit busy here for me. I have been trying to pack for a trip. I am leaving for the Urban Sketchers Symposium in Porto, Portugal tomorrow. I am going a few days early and meeting up with the rest of my tribe who are all arriving at different times and on different days. There are sketchers coming from all over the world and there will be somewhere between 600 and 800 sketchers there. I will try my best to post while I am away. Hopefully I will remember how I did it when I was in Australia. I will be in Porto for 10 days and then traveling up to Riga, Latvia to meet family and attend my nephew's wedding there.

After packing last night and most of this morning I needed a break so I headed over to the pool in my development. I did a small sketch of some of the people in the pool.


Yesterday I went for a pedicure and sketched the people across from while I waited.






10 comments:

  1. Good to relax and have a pedi before your trip. See you in Porto!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Mel. My legs are going to get very tired there...lots of climbing.

      Delete
  2. Wow - off again! I am sure you will have a great time and that you will remember how to post while you are away. Safe journeys!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Joan enjoy your trip to Portugal. I am sure you will be sketching lots of great subjects. Love the little girl in the green sunglasses. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope your travel went well and that you are settled in, Joan. What a wonderful opportunity! It's been awhile since I visited your blog and lost myself for a time, just scrolling down and enjoying your charming, fascinating sketches. Lovely--and they bring me great NYC and Long Island memories. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love seeing what you're doing on Facebook. You are so dedicated!

    ReplyDelete