Saturday, February 11, 2017

Stony Brook March and New Challenge

I've been getting a little active politically and attended a march for unity at Stony Brook University recently. I sketched while people were getting organized.


I mentioned I might be starting another challenge. These were done for the February Challenge by the World Watercolor Group. Each day there is a subject for a painting. I am doing small, ATC sized (3 1/2 X 2 1/2 inches) paintings.

Day 1 was sealife.

Day 2 was flowers.

6 comments:

  1. The turtle is amazing - especially for that small size. You got everything in.
    The cactus is beautifully painted. I especially like the rich shadow color in the middle of the flower.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The month is going to be so busy for you. Super little paintings Joan

    ReplyDelete
  3. The cactus is so well done! Love the turtle and great capture of a busy scene!

    ReplyDelete