Friday, November 25, 2016

City Views Part II

When I finished the previous sketch of St. Paul's Chapel I headed to the cemetery in back of the chapel. That's where I found many of the other sketchers. I had a very short time before we were heading off for lunch so I did a quick sketch with my brush pen.


We headed over to Brookfield Place to meet our other sketchers who were taking part in a collage workshop. Lunch was next and it was fun catching up with some people I hadn't seen in a while and new people too. After lunch we went outside and sketched the views. I focused on the glass building we had been in earlier. All those panes of glass were a challenge. lol



6 comments:

  1. Very nice sketches Joan. Love the building and the details on the glass.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW that glass building must have been real trial but you did a great job. There seem to be so many interesting building that it is a good thing you like to sketch them - me? I'll stick to landscape panoramas with no people - lol. Have a great weekend, Joan.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That glass was a pain, Tina! Thanks.

    Thanks so much, Hilda.

    Val, it is fun to do the buildings too. You know me, I'll sketch anything. lol Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Red Balloon ... It's a fun touch, a bit of whimsy in an imposing scene of a building blocking out the sky ... An unwitting nod to a childhood filled with stories of lost balloons and faraway skies? ...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loved seeing Brookfield Place. Used to work a block or so away. Great sketches.

    ReplyDelete