Tuesday, January 5, 2016

30 Paintings in 30 Days - Day 5 - Red Rose

Today's painting for the "30 Paintings in 30 Days" is of a red rose. It was painted from a small sketch I had done with my sister at a garden in New Jersey. If you would like to see some of the other great work being done for the challenge please click here.


I also need to keep up with the other artwork I'm doing or I'll have more than 30 sketches and paintings to post when the challenge is done. lol This is an iPad sketch done inside a bakery in Westhampton. It was a nice spot to sketch on a cold day.



6 comments:

  1. This is really lovely Joan! You are so clever at doing flowers. Love your iPad sketch too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE that rose Joan! It's beautiful!!! And a lovely iPad sketch... I can't imagine how to do that!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like the rose...beautiful Joan!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Wendy. I need practice on shading petals. That's why I picked this theme.

    Hilda, I'm slowly learning to sketch on the iPad and have several friends who want me to show them how. lol Thanks!

    Diana, thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The rose is lovely, great shading.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful paintings! Love the flowers. The rose is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete