Sunday, January 24, 2016

"30 Paintings in 30 Days" - Day 24 - Calla Lily

Today starts the last week of the "30 Paintings in 30 Days" challenge. For day 24 I have painted a calla lily from one of my own reference photos. I think they are so dramatic looking.
#30paintingsin30days


Here is my second journal page about my amaryllis.


Yesterday NYC had a blizzard. Here we had at least 18-20 inches...or that is what seems to be piled on my patio railing. I haven't been out to measure it. Here is what it looked like here in the middle of the day. It stopped snowing about 1 am this morning. I'm hoping to put on my boots later and take a walk around the area. Hope you are warm and snuggly wherever you are.




5 comments:

  1. So LOVELY, Joan --- you're really meeting that 30 day painting goal! BRAVA!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good to know you are snuggled up safe in the snowy weather you are having. The Calla Lilies are great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Lin. We are down to the wire now.

    Val, thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely work today :) I hear Rosemary Clooney and the gang singing "Snow"...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous lilies and an amazing snowy scene! I hope you were able to get out an enjoy a walk. A brave thing to do in that weather I should think!

    ReplyDelete