Friday, September 21, 2012

Arboretum Buildings

When I was at the Bayard Cutting Arboretum last week painting the dahlias I decided I wanted to go back and paint the buildings on the grounds in that part of the park.
Yesterday I had to drop off 3 paintings that are going into a show there (The Islip Arts Council Members Show), so I figured it was the perfect time to do the buildings.
I wasn't sure if I wanted to focus on a small part or not...and as you can see I couldn't decide which part to do so I did it all. lol This is 8 x 10. I may go back and darken the shadows a bit yet.


5 comments:

  1. What a gorgeous place, Joan! I'm thinking you did a magnificent job capturing it too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can see why you wanted to go back. Lovely place and painting. You always manage to tackle your greens so effortlessly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much Sherry, Laura and Hilda!

    ReplyDelete
  4. SO BEAUTIFULLY rendered, Joan!!! You really did an outstanding job on this building! I remember sitting looking at the same view -- it was definitely a challenge to sketch!

    ReplyDelete