Wednesday, July 10, 2024

Greek Festival

Last Sunday the forecast was for scattered strong storms. I went to the pool early to do my exercise, but it didn't seem nice enough to stay there. After I came home I decided to check out the Blue Point Greek Fest held by St. John's Greek Orthodox Church in Blue Point. There was a very small area with rides and carnival games. I sat across from the booth where you threw darts at balloons. It was a colorful spot for sketching. Unfortunately right next to me was the game where you test your strength with the sledgehammer and try to ring the bell. Nobody was ringing the bell, but the sledgehammer was very loud.


What I liked best at the festival was listening to the live music by Tommy Kavounidis (tommykavounidis.com). I sketched him while he was playing a Greek bouzouki. He loved that I sketched him.


I didn't try any of the food (which looked yummy) while I was at the festival but I got a piece of baklava to go. All week long I had been seeing postings on Facebook showing photos of the women making huge trays of it ... so I couldn't resist. It was delicious!



4 comments:

  1. What a great place to sketch, you did well. The Baklava looks yummy. I like the music.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jo. The music and the baklava made it fun.

      Delete
  2. Joan this is such a great colorful sketch and you even captured Tommy's holes in his jeans...made me smile. Bet that Baklava was delicious. Hope you enjoy the book - thus far it is good. Well try to stay cool - Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Debbie, thanks! It was a fun place to sketch and the baklava was so good! Hope you are doing OK in the heat wave. Have a good weekend.

      Delete