Tuesday, June 25, 2024

30x30 Direct Watercolor #25 #26 #27 - Carl Schulz Park

 The destination for the NYC Urban Sketchers was Carl Schurz Park at 86th St and West End Avenue. The park had a bit of everything. I completed 3 direct watercolors there. One block away was a small, dead-end street called Henderson Place. It had homes that reminded me of Paris.

Back inside the park I found a tunnel under an overpass. You could see an area with flowers and a statue past the tunnel. From where I was sitting to sketch I couldn't see what it was a statue of, and later found out it was Peter Pan. (Who would have guessed?)


Then I moved to another shady spot where my friends, Anna & Jen were sketching. I did a third direct watercolor of them at work.



2 comments:

  1. Your details in these direct watercolors blow my mind. I love the artists.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! I've been missing using a pen. lol

      Delete