Friday, May 25, 2018

Meeting the Perth Urban Sketchers

The last full day that we were in Perth I went to Scarborough Beach to meet the Perth Urban Sketchers. I was in touch with Aggie Lim before I left the states and she told me where and when their group would be meeting. Again, the beach was a busride away, but since I had figured out the way to the other beach I figured I could do this one too. Their sketch group only meets once a month, unlike the NYC group which meets twice a week. They were doing their sketching around the Scarborough Beach Pavillion which included a pool, an ampitheatre, a skateboard park, a rock climbing wall, kiosks, and lots more. There was something for everyone.

I headed over to sketch this kiosk that was over looking the beach, called the C Breeze Kiosk...clever name isn't it? I couldn't fit it all on one page, so I extended it a bit onto the other side.


Next I sketched the lifeguard's overlook. There was also a lifeguard chair on the beach but I didn't get to sketch that.


The group met back at the amphitheater at 11:30 to share their sketches in a throw down.


And of course, we posed for a photo of the whole group.


It is always fun sharing sketches with other sketchers...and these people were so nice.



Aggie took a photo of me painting down by the beach.



The group dispersed but I figured since I would stay a while. I headed over to Peter's by the Sea for lunch and when I finished I sketched the view from my table. I loved the surf mural that was part of their sign.


It was a really nice day, made special by meeting the other sketchers.

8 comments:

  1. Wonderful sketches... I imagine it was so nice to meet everyone!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Hilda. It was fun to meet other sketchers and share their part of the world.

      Delete
  2. I’m envious of you in a good way. I love that you sketch everywhere, all sorts of themes and ideas. What great journals and memories you have. Applause!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks and sounds a fabulous day, Joan. I love the bright colors of your sketch and how it flows across the two page spread.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank, Sherry. Hope you have been doing some artwork lately.

      Delete
  4. Wow - they are every where - lol.It is nice that you were able to meet with the Perth sketchers, Joan and spend the day at such a lovely place. The sketch of the kiosk is especially super.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Val. It was a fun place to sketch.

      Delete