Saturday, February 25, 2017

People and the Lighthouse

I have been doing a Craftsy class with James Richards called "Sketching the Energy of Places." He gives several lessons on incorporating figures into sketches and doing crowds of people too. Following his advice I did this sketch along the boardwalk going to the Fire Island Lighthouse last weekend. It was a nice day so the boardwalk was packed. I was happy with the way this came out. It was the first time I was in a location that I could do a crowd of people since I started the class.


3 comments:

  1. I took that Craftsy class, too, and found it very helpful in putting people in at the right scale. Like in your sketch, it really helps to see people in the foreground to see how tall the lighthouse is.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much, Tina. His class is great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I occasionally get a message from them, guess I will need to check it out. If I can't go somewhere local, might help to do something online. You can work at your own pace? Once you take the class do you have continued access to it or is it just for a period of time?

    ReplyDelete