Monday, October 20, 2014

Lenno, Varenna and Tremezzo

Somehow yesterday I missed posting this painting of Tremezzo's waterfront.


Next to explore was the town of Lenno which was further down the lake. I had some really pretty views.




With all the traveling I was doing by ferry I did some small thumbnails of some of the stops of the mid-lake ferry.


This was sketched along the promenade of Lenno.

I loved this Lenno building all covered with plants and foliage.


Each night in Varenna I would watch the sunsets. 
I enjoyed seeing the colors and the mountains in the distance.


In an unrelated part of the post...I need to share. One of the art associations I belong to, the Wet Paints Studio Group had their juried member's show over the weekend. My collage "Sunset" won first place in the mixed media category. It was done with washi oriental papers that I painted first with watercolors.




7 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your ribbon, Joan! It is a gorgeous piece!
    I love your paintings from around Lake Como, in particular the building covered with plants, but they are all beautiful! I'm sure you remember the details of your visit more because of your sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on your win, Joan! The piece is stunning so no surprise to me. Each of these sketches shows your passion for this place you visited. Each of them is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on the Blue Ribbon, Joan! And what great sketches from you trip to Italy - it's been on my list for a long time, but I keep getting waiting for my friend who speaks Italian to be able to go along. Hopefully, someday soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Celia! I always remember more about the spot after sketching it.

    Sherry thank you so much.

    Kerry, my feeling is do it while you can. I speak almost no Italian except hello and goodbye and we always do fine. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hooray - You deserve that blue ribbon - your painting is beautiful! Your sketches are awesome as well. I especially loved the thumbnails...great way to capture bits and pieces of a beautiful place. Joan your disciplined daily sketching is always such an inspiration. Thanks for sharing. Hope you have a lovely week my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks so much, Debbie! And thanks for always coming over to look.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats, Joan!! Amazing collage! It looks almost like a painting!!

    ReplyDelete