Friday, July 19, 2013

Salt Air Farm

The PALS Plein Air group went to Salt Air Farm in Cutchogue on Wednesday.
The temperature was in the 90s and the humidity was high.
I wanted to paint the wildflower field, but there was no shade for this view.
I had an umbrella on my easel to shade the paper, and I survived being mostly in the sun.
This is 8 x 10.


Here is another view of the painting against the actual view.



A few of the other artists painted while sitting or standing under the peach trees.

Here is Jeanne who organizes our outings.

Laurie painted in the shade too.

Linda had a spot under the trees.

Laurie painted out in the sun like me.

Susan had a shady spot.

The peach trees were full of fruit.

There was a nice barn...maybe I'll paint it next time.




10 comments:

  1. The weather didn't hold you back Joan, that's an excellent little painting. We have the high 90's here, but not the humidity and that's challenge enough! I painted myself today, my umbrella was a life saver, not so much for making me less uncomfortable but for keeping my acrylics from drying out too fast.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks such a great outing with everyone finding a place to settle in and paint. Really love your painting across the fields, it's captured the scene and sunny day beautifully :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. A beautiful landscape Joan, I am so fond of florals so love it when I see them in landscape paintings

    ReplyDelete
  4. You did such a beautiful job! I so love fields of wildflowers and you captured them so prettily!! I just can't cope with heat extremes and we've been close to 100 degrees all this past week. I hope a weather break happens soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. David - Thanks. I needed a much bigger umbrella to cover both the paper and me at the same time. I couldn't decide which of us needed the shade more.

    Ann - Thank you. The view from the shade of the trees didn't have the same distant view.

    Lorraine - Thanks so much.

    Sherry - Hopefully our temperatures will drop tomorrow. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Even though it was SO hot, you all look so cool painting!!!
    Your painting is beautiful..love the wild flowers and I hope to see the barn painting soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great picture of the field Joan. It's very interesting to see how you have interpreted the subject. You've done a fantastic job with a complicated subject!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So nice to see your painting partners. So hard to paint in the heat but was well worth it

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hilda - Thanks. We were fairly comfortable. I think it was cooler on the north fork.

    Kevin - Thanks so much!

    Polly - They are a nice group. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  10. GORGEOUS! GORGEOUS! GORGEOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I LIKE YOUR VERSION EVEN MORE THAN THE VIEW!

    ReplyDelete