Friday, July 26, 2024

To the Marina (SOLD)

 I am participating in a plein air event being held by the South Bay Art Association. We have had about a week to paint scenes in and around Bellport. I had already done one painting of the Bellport Historical Society, but wanted to do a second painting so I would have a choice of what I could put into the exhibition which is being held tomorrow at Bellport Day. The event will be judged.

Update: This painting sold the day after the exhibit.

For this painting I painted from an area on Bellport Lane where I've done smaller paintings before. I parked my car under a nice, big shady tree. Then I took out my easel and set it up in front of my car. I was able to lean against the hood of my car while I was painting. Looking down the street at the end is the Bellport Yacht Club behind the security gate. I always like the strong shadows across the lane in this area.

Here is the finished painting.

Here is my setup at the start of the day.

I
The painting was nearly done here.


In the finished painting I darkened the building behind the security gate house to separate the buildings a little more. 






4 comments:

  1. This is really lovely! You got a great spot in the shade!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. Someone at the show asked me if I was standing in the middle of the street when I painted it.

      Delete
  2. Mmm, beautiful. You do such great work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jo. I'm glad someone liked it enough to buy it.

      Delete