Tuesday, July 30, 2024

The Catbird Seat

 I have had some of my artwork in The Catbird Seat in Sayville for quite a while. Debbie's shop has a fun collection of artwork, clothing, vintage items, and things pertaining to the beach and Sayville. A while ago she said she would love it if I did a sketch of her shop. It is located on the main street of Sayville, but is in an awkward spot for me to sit and sketch it. I would have to be peeking between two parked cars across the normal traffic in the town. As I was passing through the other day I noticed that the parking spot directly across from The Catbird was empty. I pulled in and sat in my mobile studio to sketch, and included a lot of what was outside the store as well as inside the store. When I finished I brought it in to her and gave it to her as a gift. She was so touched! She said she's going to frame it and keep it forever.



2 comments:

  1. We can spend a while looking at all the items. Must be fun to shop there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love going in there and checking out all the merchandise.

      Delete