Tuesday, October 17, 2023

Blue and Orange

 Since it was so nice yesterday I took a trip to Burano, one of my favorite islands here. The problem with going there is that is such a long trip. I had to take the #1 vaporetto, switch to the #4.5 vaporetto, and finally the #12 vaporetto to Burano. It took a little over 2 hours each way…but it is such a special place!

The island is know for the lace that is made there and also for the colorful houses. I’ve heard that the owners have to repaint the houses the same colors, but I am not sure if that us true. The houses were painted the unusual colors so that the fishermen could identify their houses as the came toward the port. I hear are all kinds of bright crayola colors. I picked this one to sketch but am adding photos of a few others.






3 comments:

  1. That looks like a fun place with so many interesting houses to sketch. Nice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember how beautiful Burano was (though we had a super over-priced meal and realized we had been gouged as tourists LOL!)!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You know I love, love this one. I'm grinning and enjoying the houses. We saw a similar sight in Buenos Aires I think. I bought little wooden houses all painted in pretty colors.

    ReplyDelete