Thursday, October 26, 2023

La Salute & More

 My thanks to Tina Koyama for noticing that the sketch of La Salute was missing in yesterday’s post. I guess I got too caught up in the story. Here is the image.


This is a sketch of the Albergo Internazionale which is right along one of the smaller canals. While I was sitting across from it I noticed how narrow the canal was. There were many gondolas coming through and barely enough room for them to pass the waiting gondolas. Twice water taxis came to pick up hotel guests and their luggage. The water taxis couldn’t wait for long since they were on the gondola route. It made for some interesting moments. I loved the bright red and green striped poles.



4 comments:

  1. Such a lovely sketch of La Salute. I love the colorful poles and open door on the other.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great details on La Salute! I remember red/green striped poles like these... maybe I even saw these very ones!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous sketches as always. It sounds as if you've had a great time in Venice.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super sketch Joan of what looks like a wonderful place to visit. Take care friend and have a great day. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete