Wednesday, January 6, 2021

Pride & Prejudice Model

 On Sunday afternoon, Drawing America hosted a "Pride & Prejudice" sketching event. While the novel was being read to us on Zoom, the model, Abigail Lashbrook (@abigail_artmodel) posed in a costume similar to what would have been worn at the time. She did some short poses as well as a two of the same pose that lasted 20 minutes each. I have a problem with the audio on Zoom. After a while it comes in and out and gets distorted so I didn't get to enjoy the reading of the story, but the sketching was great! I believe they will continue the reading with another model next Sunday.

Here are some of the shorter poses.

This was the first 20 minute pose which I did in watercolors and ink.


Since I had finished the above pose, I did a second one when she resumed the pose. This one was also done in watercolors and ink, but without a pencil sketch.



4 comments:

  1. This must have been fun! Great sketches! A tip on Zoom: When I have trouble with the picture freezing or the audio going in and out, I just shut off my own video and audio. I can still see and hear others, but they can't see or hear me. Apparently that cuts down on the bandwidth being used, and the transmission is usually improved. I do that any time I don't need for others to see or hear me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So lovely, Joan. I see so much growth and even more beauty in your work since I last visited.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are lovely, especially the last one. What a fun idea!

    ReplyDelete