Tuesday, January 5, 2021

Gangster

 On Saturday the NYC Urban Sketchers had "gangsters" as our theme. We had links to lots of photos and mug shots. I thought about doing one of the famous gangsters but I figure they've had enough infamy from breaking the law already and some of their lives have been made into movies. So I found something that had a little more story to it. I have no idea who this is but considering he's outside the bank holding two machine guns, I think he must have meant trouble. One gun isn't enough??? I also liked that the old-time car was included (or part of it) in the photo.



4 comments:

  1. That's a fun theme! He doesn't look very tough. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're right! I think I gave him a baby face. lol

      Delete
  2. Good sketch, I like the car as well. The SW forum on wet canvas did outlaws and I didn’t want to do the famous ones so I sketched Pat Garret and James Arness from Gunsmoke. Lawmen of sorts. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jo. Some of them became so famous for all the wrong reasons.

      Delete