Friday, April 12, 2019

People and Visitors

Yesterday my friend, Celia Blanco and her daughter. Louisa took the train from Rome, where they live to spend the day here with me. It was a rainy day but we made the most of it. Her daughter had never been to Venice and really enjoyed it. I met them at the train station here so I got to sketch some people for the 100 people challenge while I waited for their train to arrive and then again when they left. Most of these people were standing around by the big departure board.










8 comments:

  1. Awww, so nice to meet up with your friend and her daughter. And, the people are super in your sketches.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jo. Celia and I got to meet a few years ago when Jerry and I did the cruise and it stopped near Rome. I went into the city to meet her that time. It was fun getting together again. I just wish we had better weather.

      Delete
  2. There's never a dull moment for you here and afar. It's nice to meet up and trade stories especially with dear friends you haven't seen in a while. Your people sketches are wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mel, thanks. It is fun to get together with people you only get to see rarely. Celia is originally from near the DC area but hasn't visited the USA in a long time...too expensive to do with her whole family.

      Delete
  3. What a nice way to spend the day! Great sketches of people Joan - I so admire the detail you put in!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Val. It was a good day with Celia and her daughter.

      Delete
  4. Joan - what a pleasure to see Celia and her daughter with you. I miss her blog. So glad you shared their visit with you. What a wonderful blessing to meet up with friends you may have gotten to know blogging. Love your sketches of the people too. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I miss her blog too, but she does post once in a while on Facebook. It was fun to talk to her in person and on the phone a few times while I was there.

      Delete