Tuesday, April 9, 2019

Near the Canal

Every time I pass this spot on the vaporetto I want to get off and paint the wisteria that is blooming there. The only place to sit and paint there is to actually sit on the vaporetto loading dock. It wasn’t raining this morning so I tucked myself by the railing of the ramp, hoping I would be out of the way. 
While I was painting another artist stopped to chat. She wanted to know if I was with a group. I did tell her about Urban Sketchers which she hadn’t heard of. She us from Paris and I know they have a group. We exchanged cards. Maybe I will see her in Paris the next time I go. Of course while I was digging around in my bag I nearly dropped my brush in the canal.
The second painting was done in a spot about a half block away. It looked like such s typical Venetian spot with walls that lead to a covered passageway.












6 comments:

  1. Wow what a great day you had! lots of people and two super sketches. The first sketch looks so complicated with all the pilings and the various buildings - great job Joan.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I figured I should make the most of the people in the squares and on the vaporetto. lol It was much easier doing people there than at home. Thanks! The one with the pilings was very challenging, but I loved that view.

      Delete
  2. Glad you had a nice outing, found a new friend, and saved your brush from falling into the canal. I like the gestures you captured in your sketch.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a busy day, Mel. You know how that goes. lol

      Delete
  3. These are all amazing. I’m sitting at my computer touring Venice. Thank you! Fun you captured the Wisteria, it doesn’t last long.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was really lucky to find the wisteria in a few places while it was in bloom.

      Delete