Wednesday, September 6, 2023

Swan River Bridge

The Patchogue Sketch Club went to the Swan River Preserve recently. When it first opened it had good views but over the last few years the foliage has gotten so tall that most of the water is blocked and all you see is green. I found a spot with a view of the bridge and that and the contrast in the foliage color gave me a focal point. The area to the back was lit by the sun so I painted that first because I knew as the sun moved down in the sky we would lose the light there. 



8 comments:

  1. This is a lovely composition with inviting light back there!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! The preserve wasn't inspiring until I found this spot.

      Delete
  2. This just invites you to walk across that bridge. Gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I love places like this Joan. It is fun to be standing in the shade looking out to where the sun is shining. Wonderful sketch dear friend. Sounds like you had a good Labor Day. We got together with my brother and sister-in-law and nephew & his wife. It was too hot to picnic. Looking forward to cooler days ahead. Take care and have a delightful day. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Debbie. I hope this heat cools off soon. Even the beach has been too hot. Glad you had a good Labor Day. Have a great weekend.

      Delete