Friday, September 1, 2023

Assorted Sketches

I do a lot of sketching for creativespark.art, especially the Scavenger Hunts. Sometimes we sketch things that aren't big sketches...like these. 

I was in the middle of sketching out a scene for a commission when this goose meandered by with a group of friends. They were busy eating and kept turning around and walking to a new spot. I would just jump ship from one goose and continue with the next one that was posed in a similar position. I like how this one came out. 


I was at the pool the other day and this dad and his kids were nearby. I thought they needed to be sketched but I only had a small pad of writing paper and a ball point pen. Gotta use what you have!


The two bottom sketches were for one of the Scavenger Hunts...something spicy


and something sweet. These were done with a medium I don't use very often...colored pencils. I got a free set from Zebra a few years ago (24 colors) and they've been sitting in my cabinet unused.



6 comments:

  1. I especially like your goose watercolor.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The goose is excellent. Fun find with the family on a scrap of paper, wow. Well done on the jars and labels. Applause.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jo, thanks. It was fun to be close to the geese and sketch them. I should have sketched more at the pool but I get tired of sketching the chairs. lol

      Delete
  3. I love the goose! And good to see you using colored pencils! ;-)

    ReplyDelete