Thursday, August 17, 2023

Chinatown Part 2

 Next we headed for the busy streets that had the feel of being in Chinatown. There were so many wonderful signs and so much Chinese writing as well as lots of stores and restaurants and fire escapes everywhere. The big red sign for the Peking Duck House on Mott Street called to me and I knew I had to sketch it. I moved back and forth to try and decide where to put my stool. I was right next to a business that was just opening up and bringing items out to sell. The store owner came out and started sweeping the area in front of the store and came over and swept the sidewalk where I was setting up. She gave me the thumbs up sign when she was finished. I thought that was really nice of her. While I was sketching she kept coming over to check on my progress and smiling.



2 comments: