Tuesday, July 5, 2022

Concert in the Park

 Last Wednesday the Patchogue Sketch Club went to the Common Ground (park in Sayville) to listen to the band, "In the Groove," and sketch. The band was very good and played mostly 70s music. They made me want to get up and boogy!!! I sketched instead. I slowly sketched each of the band members, although the ones in the back were difficult to see between the other performers. An older couple got up and started dancing right near me and they were so good that I had to include them in the sketch. By the end of the night there were a lot of people dancing. Before I left I showed the sketch to the couple and they were thrilled that I sketched them! I told them I would text them a copy of the painting. They said their kids wouldn't believe it and they couldn't wait to show it to them. They were really sweet people and told me that they try to follow the band where they play in the area and that I should come and watch again. The band also loved the sketch and took photos of it with their phones.



5 comments:

  1. Amazing Joan how you captured the band so well. Isn't it fun to sketch to music? It sort of sets us up to finding ourselves in that "sweet spot"!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had a hard time just sitting and sketching. I wanted to be up dancing. lol

      Delete